So I saw in my dream that the man began to run. Now he had not run far from his own door when his wife and children, perceiving it, began to cry after him to return; but the man put his fingers in his ears, and ran on crying, “Life! life! eternal life!” So he looked not behind him, but fled towards the middle of the plain. John Bunyan
Last week a North Korean soldier fled across the DMZ from the totalitarian state to freedom in South Korea. Yesterday the United Nations released a video of his daring escape. The first vid briefly explains the event; the second vid shows the details:
- The North Korean defector soldier crashes his vehicle after a wheel apparently comes off.
- North Korean guards begin to race down from the Panmun Gak building to investigate events.
- A North Korean guard rushes out from the guard house in the west of the complex.
- Another North Korean soldier who has given chase realises he has crossed into the South and swiftly turns back.
- The defector collapses in a pile of leaves against a low wall close to South Korea’s Freedom House. (BBC)